How can you improve your social media profiles?
If you've had social media set up for your business for a while now, you might be thinking there's not much you need to improve.
Should that be the case, it might be worth going onto a different blog... or carry on reading to check you haven't missed anything.
Running a business is a busy job, you have lots of things to monitor and stay on top of, we get it! That's why I'll be telling you 6 things you can do right now.
Using the Right Image Sizes
Have you ever been on a companies page seen their profile photo is a cropped image of their logo? You must think "huh, that's unprofessional". Furthermore, you may also see it on a company's cover image. There's a simple solution: Having the right size image.
Here's an easy guide to follow:
- Facebook profile picture: 170 X 170 pixels
- Facebook cover photo: 828 X 465 pixels
- Twitter profile photo: 400 X 400 pixels
- Twitter header image: 1,500 X 500 pixels
- Google My Business profile picture: 250 X 250 pixels (minimum)
- Google My Business cover photo: 1080 X 608 pixels
- LinkedIn profile photo: 400 X 400 pixels (minimum)
- LinkedIn custom background: 1584 X 396
- LinkedIn cover photo: 974 X 330 pixels
- LinkedIn banner image: 646 X 220 pixels
- Instagram profile picture: 110 X 110 pixels
- Instagram photo: 1080 x 1080 (square), 1080 x 566 (landscape), 1080 x 1350 (portrait) pixels
- Instagram Stories & Reels: 1080 x 1920 pixels
Tip From Experience: For best results, keep your writing fairly centralised in the graphic. Some social media platforms crop images further for different devices.
Make Sure Your Handles Are Consistent
In the recent blog Things To Remember When Setting Up Your Businesses Social Media we mentioned how having your photos consistent increases brand recognition.
The same rule applies to your handles. Social media handles are how a user finds you by your company name.
Admittedly, sometimes we have the frustration that a cheeky bugger is already using the same name as our company.
Should this happen, try and come up with something as close to your business name as possible. As you can see with ours above, our name is too long for Twitter and someone already has our company name for Instagram.
Just setting up your social media account - read this!
Build Trust Through Reviews & Recommendations
As business owners we regularly get testimonials and reviews via emails, we even have customers who still get written testimonials. However, as great as this is, they are not getting seen by anyone else.
These days our customers need social proof to grow trust to help their buying decision. Getting reviews, recommendations and endorsements on your social media profile will help this.
Tip From Experience: Email your top 10% of customers and ask them to leave you a review on your chosen platforms. You could even offer an incentive for doing so.
Give your social media and marketing a full audit - Here's how!
Make Sure Your Links Are Working
Picture this: A potential customer is ready to commit to buying from you and goes to your website to find out more but they can't because the link is broken. Because it's so long-winded they decide not to message or actively find you on Google, instead, they go to the company that provides the easiest and clearest journey. All because of a broken link.
Actionable Task: Go through all your social media profiles and check the links. Try to go to the places you want them to go to. If the links don't take you there then quickly edit and change them to the link that takes your customer on the journey you wish them to follow. As a result, you'll get more traffic to your website and hopefully more leads.
Put Your Best Post Forward - Pin It To The Top
This is the first piece of content your audience is going to see, so no pressure 😉
- Client Video Testimonial (Go see Proud Business Productions, David did one for us and it's worked wonders) Video below
- Your BrandScript (We can help you create a brand messaging guide that wins you clients and levels up your business)
- Promotion to a landing page
- An introductory video
- A special offer
In conclusion, that's 5 ways you can improve your social media profiles right now. Re-share your rejuvenated profiles to the world and tag us in to see.